Monday, June 13, 2011

One of These Things is Not Like the Other



So, the other day, my friend Aerin and I were out shopping and we came across one of the popcorn bags for the Zombie Popcorn Hunt. We weren't doing the hunt then, though we are now (I know, I know, a little late to the party). We found the bag at Swansong, and after we went back to our shared house, Aerin put on the pretty pink tutu dress that was in the bag. I stood on my pose stand, bald, half naked, and watched her gussy it up with flowy hair, fancy shmancy jewelry, heels. And I said: I can take that dress and make it look nothing like what you've done. And Aerin said: I bet.

And I said: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.



The next time she signed on, she looked at my outfit and said that I had rated myself a 9.5 out of 10 on the Aerin Shock-O-Meter (though, to be fair, she's easily shocked). I thought this would be a great opportunity for a photo shoot and we headed off to take pictures of our Swansong dresses done up in completely different ways.



Aerin kept her outfit very classy, as usual. She's the one with the long dark hair and the purple flowery pumps. I'm the one with the sticking-up hair, facial piercings, and gold boots. I asked Aerin what I would have to do to get a 10 out of 10 on the Shock-O-Meter, but she wouldn't tell me.



One of the things I tried to do with this shoot was capture movement. At first, I stood still and asked Aerin to dance around me. But she buys furniture, not dances, so the only dance she had was the Chicken Dance! She said I was trying to make her look ridiculous, so I relented and started dancing around her instead. This is something I'd like to try again, trying to capture moments inside of a dance.



Credits

On Aerin:
Hair: Truth
Skin: Curio
Necklace and Earrings: Lolapop
Hair Comb: Dark Mouse
Dress: Swansong
Shoes: G. Field

On Flanner:
Skin: Curio
Hair: LoQ
Eyes: Tres Blah
Eye Shadow: T.Whore
Eyeliner: Plastik
Eyelashes: Redgrave and Miamai
Jacket: Diram
Earrings: ::69::
Lip Piercing: FFS
Eyebrow piercing: FFS
Tattoo: Kobilica
Dress: Swansong
Leggings: Emery
Boots: Fuel

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Flanner--you succeeded in meeting the challenge and even though your outfit was a 9.5 on the shock-o-meter, the blog post is a 10! I promise to get a dance or two for our next shoot (even though it might mean not buying yet another couch or bed--oh, the sacrifices I make for fashion and your friendship!). ;)

    ReplyDelete